For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. October 15, 2019. The following report highlights several important agenda items from the Washoe County Board of Commissioners meeting:
1. Board of County Commissioners issue the following proclamation:
Commissioners proclaim the week of October 20-26, 2019 as National Friends of Libraries Week. The proclamation honors Friends of the Washoe County Library as they support the mission, vision and values of the Washoe County Library System through advocacy and fundraising. In addition, the proclamation also celebrates the library system as a welcoming community hub and provides opportunities for all to engage in the joy of life-long learning (pictured left).
2. Board of County Commissioners accept the following donations:
- Donations to Washoe County Regional Parks & Open Space in the amount of $12,970.62 and in-kind donations in the amount of $11,764.07 to be used for park programs and facilities, made on behalf of businesses, organizations and individuals.
- Donation to the Washoe County Manager’s Office in the amount of $12,500 to be used to support increased demand for fire and emergency medical services associated with the Burning Man event on behalf of Black Rock, LLC.
- Donation to the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office in the amount of $525 to purchase a duty firearm, made on behalf of a private citizen, and a donation in the amount of $1,000 to be used for the Secret Witness Program, made on behalf of the Community Foundation of Western Nevada.