I voted


Call, Connect, and Protect
Call 833-900-SAFE to report child abuse and/or neglect in Washoe County.

Media Release
For Immediate Release

Contact: Chris Ciarlo

Reno, Nev. Sept. 16, 2019. The Washoe County Human Services Agency (HSA) is asking all citizens to use their phone to call, connect and protect children by utilizing Child Protective Services’ new phone number at 833-900-SAFE when reporting child abuse and/or neglect.

HSA has upgraded its phone reporting system to enhance how new reports of child abuse and neglect are processed within the agency. The new phone system offers the following features:

  • More efficient, computerized, call flow system, assuring better customer service.
  • Receives reports from law enforcement, which can immediately be processed by intake staff.
  • Data reports provided to better analyze call volume and wait times.

“The Human Services Agency’s upgraded phone reporting system and new number make the process to report more efficient. This latest improvement is an integral part of Washoe County’s continual effort to ensure we provide a safe, secure and healthy community for our children to live,” HSA Children’s Services Division Director Cara Paoli said. “We all have the responsibility to report when we believe a child is in danger. We encourage everyone who suspects child abuse and/or neglect to pick up the phone and let us know immediately.”

Who: Washoe County Human Services Agency Child Protective Services.

What: Media Tour of Human Services Agency CPS Intake.

Where: Washoe County Human Services Agency located at 350 South Center St. Reno, Nev.

When:  Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, at 10:30 a.m.

Fiscal Year 18-19 Numbers to Know

  • 6,568 reports of abuse/neglect.
  • 68 percent of reports were Information only.
  • 29 percent of reports rose to level of investigations.

For more information and a list of frequently asked questions, please head to our new website.



# # #

Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »