For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. May 21, 2019. The community is invited to explore nature through all the scenic parks and trails Washoe County has to offer through “Walk with Washoe”.
In its fourth year, “Walk with Washoe” is a series of Park Ranger-led walking hikes. The 2019 Walk with Washoe season will offer new trails to explore and is a unique way to get outdoors, get some exercise and experience Washoe County’s wonderful park and trail system.
What: “Walk with Washoe”, guided walking hikes through Washoe County’s parks and trails.
Who: Washoe County Manager’s Office, Park Rangers and staff.
When: Complete “Walk with Washoe” Schedule:
- May 21 @ 7:00 p.m., Mayberry Park - 1.5 miles
Meet at: Main parking lot at end of Woodland Avenue
- **Special Moonlight Walk** June 13 @ 7:30 p.m., Galena Creek Regional Park, Jones Creek Interpretive Trail - 2.3 miles
Meet at: Galena Creek Visitor Center parking lot
- June 18 @ 7:00 p.m., Sun Valley Regional Park - 1 mile
Meet at: Main parking lot near the picnic pavilion
- July 30 @ 7:00 p.m., at Slide Mountain Trailhead
Meet at: Main the trailhead which is in the northeast corner of the parking lot
- August 20 @ 7:00 p.m., Huffaker Hills 1.5 miles
Meet at: Trailhead parking lot on Alexander Lake Road
- September 17 @ 5:30 p.m., North Valleys Regional Park 1.7 miles
Meet at: Parking lot, new ball fields on the right
- October 1 @ 5:30 p.m., Rancho San Rafael Regional Park – Pasture Loop Trail
Meet at: Ranger office, next to the flagpole. Enter the park from Sierra Street
For questions about any of the “Walk with Washoe” guided walking hikes, please call Washoe311 by dialing 3-1-1 from any phone.