For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. March 15, 2019. Washoe County will accept applications from interested and qualified citizens beginning Friday, March 15 at noon, to represent Nevada State Assembly District 30, previously occupied by Mike Sprinkle who resigned Thursday, March 14, 2019.
An application and information will be available on Washoe County’s website by clicking here or available in person at the Washoe County Complex, Office of the County Manager at 1001 E. Ninth St., Reno 89512, Bldg. A, 2nd Floor, Room 201, by noon Friday, March 15.
Once completed, the application may be submitted via email to Dana Searcy at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Washoe County Complex, Office of the County Manager 1001 E. Ninth St., Reno 89512, Bldg. A, 2nd Floor, Room 201.
Deadline to submit an application is March 19, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Under state law, the County Commission fills vacancies in the state Legislature. The appointee must:
- Be at least 21 years old and registered to vote.
- Reside in the district he or she is seeking to represent.
- Be of the same political party as the resigning member. Sprinkle is a Democrat.
- The appointee will serve until the election in November 2020.
- A complete application must be submitted.
The Washoe County Board of Commissioners will review applications and may make a decision during their regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, March 26, 2019.