For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Update as of 2.20.19 at 12:00 p.m.:
Due to freezing temperatures and more coming weather anticipated, Lemmon Drive will remain closed until it is safe for travel.
Washoe County Roads crews are continuing to work on the road and in the area intermittently, with weather necessitating crews plowing snow and clearing roads throughout the county. Additionally, in partnership with NDF, crews will be sandbagging critical areas in Lemmon Valley.
The detour road is available on Military Rd. The alternate detour on the private dirt road, Deodar Rd. will not be open or available for travel.
Officials advise residents to prepare for coming weather conditions. Sand and sandbag locations are available throughout Washoe County: https://bit.ly/2RXTwkf
Update as of 2.15.19 at 4:30 p.m.
- All roads that were closed due to weather, will re-open tonight by 5:00 p.m. except for Lemmon Dr. and Deodar Rd. in Lemmon Valley. The detour road is available on Military Rd. The alternate detour on the private dirt road, Deodar Rd., will not be open or available for travel.
Lemmon Valley residents:
Beginning Sunday, February 17, 2019 through next week, Washoe County Roads crews will be working in the area surrounding Swan Lake relocating portions of the protective barrier system.
Crews will be working intermittently with the goal of re-opening Lemmon Dr. by the end of next week. This work does not diminish the protection level currently in place, but will enhance protections in order to re-open Lemmon Dr. safely to the traveling public.
Update as of 2.15.19 at 9:30 a.m.
- All Washoe County road closures remain in effect, below. Roads will re-open as soon as roadways are safe for the traveling public.
- With changing weather conditions, Washoe County Roads crews are actively plowing snow and clearing roads.
- When traveling, please use caution and drive slowly.
Update as of 2.14.19 at 5:15 p.m.
Weather conditions to shift:
- It is expected that our current rain conditions will transition this evening to snow conditions throughout our region. This will likely cause icy commute conditions for tomorrow, Friday, February 15. Please use caution when traveling, drive slowly and be prepared for potential delays.
- Should you see water on roads, please do not attempt to go through it. Please use an alternate route and obey signs on roadway.
- The road closure on Lemmon Drive has a detour route of Military Rd, please use this route only. For your safety DO NOT attempt to use Deodar Rd. as a detour.
- Sandbag locations are in operation throughout the county. See all locations here: https://bit.ly/2RXTwkf
Update as of 2.14.19 at 2:45 p.m.
The City of Reno and Washoe County are advising the public that portions of Lemmon Drive will be temporarily closed from Deodar to Chickadee on Thursday, February 14, 2019 until roads are safe for the traveling public.
A detour road will be available on Military Rd. The alternate detour on Deodar Rd. will not be open or available for travel, please use the detour on Military Rd.
Officials are working together to ensure the safety of the traveling public and area residents.
For questions, please contact Washoe 311 by dialing 3-1-1 from any phone or 775-328-2003.
Update as of 2.14.19 at 11:40 a.m.:
Current conditions in Lemmon Valley:
- Lemmon Drive from Waterash St. to Oregon Blvd. will be closed. Roads will re-open as soon as roadways are safe for the traveling public.
- Palace Dr. is being monitored.
- Pompe Way is experiencing some water on the roadways and on some property fronts, however there is no water in any homes.
- Additional pumps have been placed in the area to continue to pump water into the lake.
- Reminder to motorists: Please do not drive through standing water. If you are on the roads, please use caution and drive slowly.
- Editor's Note: Media availability with Community Services Director to share about work being done throughout our region today at 12:30 p.m. at 3101 Longley Lane Operations Yard.
Reno, Nev. Feb. 14, 2019. Due to weather conditions causing water over roadways and overwhelming of some drainage infrastructure, Washoe County will be closing the following roads so crews can address issues:
Road closures this morning, Feb. 14:
- Toll Road at Bailey Creek Crossing
- Nectar Street at Lemmon Drive
Please be aware of other active road work areas, but no road closures:
- Dolores Drive in Spanish Springs
- Knob Hill in Golden Valley
- Red Rock Road
Roads will re-open as soon as roadways are safe for the traveling public. Please be aware of Roads crews when passing an active work area. For questions, please contact Washoe311 at 3-1-1 or 775-328-2003.