For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. Jan. 17, 2019. With the Reno National Weather Service forecasting rain and snow, Washoe County officials advise residents to be prepared and have made sandbags available throughout the county.
Area ditches, streams and drainage ways could experience localized flooding due to current conditions. Residents living near these areas should see a list of sandbag locations listed below. Residents with questions or concerns should call 3-1-1 or 775-328-2003. Washoe County crews will be dispatched throughout the storm period and will focus on keeping roadways safe.
The following is a list of sandbag locations:
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Station #223, 130 Nectar St., Lemmon Valley
- Lemmon Drive and Pompe Way intersection, Lemmon Valley
- Blue Heron Circle and Warrior Lane intersection, Belli Ranch
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Station #30, 3905 Old Hwy 395, Washoe Valley
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Station #16, 1240 Eastlake Blvd, Washoe Valley
- Washoe County Operations Yard, 3101 Longley Lane, Reno
- Highland Ranch Parkway, one mile west of Pyramid Hwy, Sparks
- Andrew Lane and Paddlewheel Lane intersection, Pleasant Valley
- Intersection of Toll Road and Geiger Grade
Residents should also be prepared to fill sandbags with a shovel and gloves. For a video on how to sandbag, click here.