For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nevada. Jan. 17, 2019. Most Washoe County offices will be closed Monday, Jan. 21, 2019, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The following county offices will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex: 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, 89512
- All Washoe County Libraries. All Washoe County libraries will be closed on Jan. 21. Additionally, the North Valleys Library will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 22. Please go to washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, and download eBooks, research databases and more.
- Regional Animal Services Shelter Operations and Office will be closed, but field operations will continue as normal.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court, Incline Constable, and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Second Judicial District Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office - all administrative offices and front desk
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District – Ninth Street administrative office and front counter
- Washoe County Human Services Agency and all meal distribution locations.
The following county offices will be open:
- The Office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex will remain open on Jan. 21, 2019 from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office.
# # #