For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. Dec. 21, 2018. Most Washoe County offices will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 25, 2018 for the Christmas holiday and Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019 for the New Year’s Day holiday.
The following county offices will be closed during these holidays:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex: 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, 89512
- All Washoe County Libraries. All Washoe County libraries will be closed on Dec. 25, and libraries with late evening hours will close at 5pm on Dec. 24. Washoe County libraries will also be closed on Jan. 1, and libraries with late evening hours will close at 5pm on Dec. 31. Please go to washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, and download eBooks, research databases and more.
- Regional Animal Services Shelter Operations and Office will be closed, but field operations will continue as normal.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court, Incline Constable, and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Second Judicial District Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office - all administrative offices and front desk
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District - all administrative offices and front desk
- Washoe County Human Services Agency and all meal distribution locations.
The following county offices will be open:
- The Office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex, 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, 89512, will remain open on Dec. 25, 2018 and on Jan. 1, 2019 from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office.
# # #