Washoe County is looking for the public’s input on two potential Development Code Amendments relating to:
1) To add a provision for addressing lot coverage requirements for detached accessory structures on lots which are nonconforming for parcel size based on the regulatory zone;
2) Updating requirements to modify a Special Use Permit
Who: Community Services Department; Planning and Building Division
What: Public Workshop about proposed amendments to Washoe County Chapter 110 (Development Code), Article 306 Accessory Uses and Structures, and Article 810 Special Use Permit
When: Wednesday November 7, 2018, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Where: Human Resources Conference Room (Room A210); Second Floor, at the top of the stairs in Building A, Washoe County Administration Complex, 1001 East Ninth Street, Reno
The Washoe County Community Services Department’s Planning and Building Division is hosting a public workshop regarding proposed amendments to Washoe County Code Chapter 110 (Development Code) relating to:
1. Article 306 – Accessory Uses and Structures, to add to Section 306.10, Detached Accessory Structures, provisions concerning maximum allowable lot coverage for detached accessory structures on lots which are nonconforming for parcel size based on the regulatory zone. Click HERE to access the Draft Ordinance;
2. Article 810 – Special Use Permit, to update the requirements for Section 810.60(a)(3) & (4) Modification of a Special Use Permit, to update the department name to Planning and Building Division and to change the word “more” to “less”. See the proposed changes below. Click HERE to access the Draft Ordinance.
(3) The building alteration involves more less than ten (10) percent increase in floor area covered by existing structures associated with the use;
(4) The use alteration involves more less than ten (10) percent increase in the overall site area covered by the existing use;
Washoe County staff will be available to discuss the proposed amendments until 6 p.m.
Following public input, the amendments will be discussed by the Washoe County Planning Commission. The public hearing is tentatively scheduled for the December 4, 2018, meeting starting at 6:30 p.m.
Contact: Washoe County Planner Julee Olander, 775.328.3627 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The facilities in which this workshop is being held are accessible to the disabled. Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations or assistance (e.g. sign language interpreters or assisted listening devices) at the meeting should notify the Washoe County Planning and Building Division at 775.328.3600 two working days prior to the meeting.