To view the Job Announcement and to apply for the position, please visit the Washoe County Job Opportunities Page https://jobs.washoecounty.us
Investigator II (District Attorney)
Annual Salary: $64,230 – $86,340
Deadline for Applying: Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Under general supervision, performs journey level criminal investigative work in the District Attorney's Office; and performs related work as required.
This is an Open Competitive / Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to fill a current full time vacancy in the District Attorney’s Office. The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
For more information on this position, please see the Job Specification at https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobspecs.php
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, law enforcement or a closely related field, PLUS two years of investigative experience which utilized scientific methods of criminal investigation; OR a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, law enforcement or a closely related field, PLUS one year of experience as an Investigator I (District Attorney) in Washoe County; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
License or Certificate
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment.
- Must possess a POST Certification Category I or II certification at the time of appointment.
- Must be able to maintain a POST Certification Category I or II certificate as a condition of continued employment in this classification.
What Happens Next
1. After your application is screened, you will be notified via the email you provided whether or not you have met the minimum requirements for the position.
Those applicants who do not meet the qualifications have five (5) working days to file an appeal, and request a review of their qualifications.
2. Applicants who do meet the minimum requirements will receive an email invitation from Eventbrite with details on scheduling your time for the exam.*
- The exams will be administered and proctored in Reno, NV.
- The first exam is the PPFT (Post Physical Fitness Test – Certification). The PPFT is pass/fail. The date for your exam will be on the morning of October 2, 2018.
- Candidates who pass the PPFT will be scheduled to take the Investigator II exam on the afternoon of October 2, 2018.
- Post Physical Fitness Test – Certification (Category II):
- Push-ups – 15
- Sit-ups – 29
- Vertical jump – 15 inches
- 300 meter sprint – 80 seconds
- Agility run – 20.7 seconds
- 1.5 mile run – 20:06 (minutes: seconds)
For more information on the PPFT please visit: http://post.nv.gov/Training/POST_Academy/Physical_Fitness/
- The Investigator II exam is weighted 100% and will evaluate the applicant’s expertise, knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Investigative skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Oral and Written Communication
3. After the testing is completed, you will receive an additional email notifying you of your score and rank. Top scoring candidates will be contacted by the District Attorney’s Office to schedule an interview.
4. Hiring departments schedule interviews from a list of top scoring candidates. If your name is not sent to the hiring department, it will remain on the list for future opportunities as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the Online Application Process you can find additional information at the following link: https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/faq/online/appprocess.php
Contact Cole McBride , the Recruiting Analyst, at 775-328-2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HR Front Desk phone: 775-328-2081 fax: 775-328-6119