Washoe County Announcement
To view the Job Announcement and to apply for the position, please visit the Washoe County Job Opportunities Page https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobopportunities.php
Administrative Assistant II – Sheriff’s Office
Annual Salary: $57,616 - $74,859
Deadline for Applying: Monday, August 13, 2018
Under general supervision, provides administrative staff support in planning and coordinating daily departmental activities; conducts varied analytical studies regarding budgeting, management organization, work procedures, policy development or related administrative problems; and performs related work as required.
This is an Open Competitive / Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to create a list for future vacancies at the Sheriff’s Office.
For more information on this position, please see the Job Specification at https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobspecs.php
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, business administration, political science or a closely related field AND two years full time administrative experience involving the development, evaluation and revision of programs, organizations, methods and procedures; OR one year full time experience as an Administrative Assistant I with Washoe County; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
License or Certificate
- May require a valid driver's license is required at time of appointment.
Conditions of Employment
To be eligible, top candidates will be required to undergo an in-depth, thorough, extensive and detailed background investigation:
- Must pass a drug test
- Must pass a background investigation
- Must be willing to submit a set of fingerprints
- Must complete and submit a personal history statement
- Must pass a Computerized Voice Stress Analysis (CVSA) examination
- This is currently an unclassified position. The status of the position may be changed at the request of the Sheriff’s Office.
This position is not covered by a Collective Bargaining Unit.
What Happens Next
1. After your application is screened, you will be notified via the email you provided whether or not you have met the minimum requirements for the position.
Those applicants who do not meet the qualifications have five (5) working days to file an appeal, and request a review of their qualifications.
2. If you have met the minimum requirements, you will receive an additional email inviting you to take the Administrative Assistant I/II exam.
- This exam will be held on AUGUST 30, 2018; the exact time of day will be sent with your invitation.
- This exam will be administered and proctored in Reno, NV on the above scheduled date and you must be present to test.
- The exam will be 100% written multiple choice and will evaluate your expertise, knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Fiscal and Program Management
- Office Administration
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal skills
3. After the exam is completed, you will receive an additional email notifying you of your score and rank. This rank will be used to determine which candidates will be interviewed by departments trying to fill a vacancy.
4. Hiring departments schedule interviews from a list of top scoring candidates. If your name is not sent to the hiring department, it will remain on the list for future opportunities as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the Online Application Process you can find additional information at the following link: https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/faq/online/appprocess.php
Contact Julie Paholke, the Recruiting Analyst, at 775-328-6383 or email@example.com
HR Front Desk phone: 775-328-2081 fax: 775-328-6119