Reno, Nev. July 12, 2018. With 1 in 4 children experiencing hunger in our region, the Building & Safety Divisions at Washoe County, City of Reno and City of Sparks are working together to build a hunger-fighting community with the Summer Food Drive 2018 – and need your help.
What: Summer Food Drive 2018, in collaboration with Washoe County, City of Reno and City of Sparks
When: The community is welcome and encouraged to bring in non-perishable food donation items to bins at multiple locations at the three municipalities before August 1, 2018.
Where: Northern Nevada Food Bank bins are located at the following locations throughout the region:
- Reno City Hall, One E. First Street: 2nd and 6th floors (deadline to donate at this location 7/24)
- Reno Building Inspectors Corpyard trailer, 1745 East Commercial Row (deadline to donate at this location 7/24)
- City of Sparks Legislative Building, 745 Fourth Street Sparks, NV
- City of Sparks, 431 Prater Way Sparks, NV
- Washoe County Administration Building, 1001 E. 9th Street, Reno, NV
What should be donated? Most needed items:
- Canned Meals: Stews, Soups, Spaghetti/Ravioli (Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Protein: Peanut Butter, Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Dried or Canned Beans
- Grains: Whole Grain Cereal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Pasta
- Fruits: Canned (Packed in 100% Juice or Light Syrup), Dried Fruit, Applesauce (No Sugar Added), 100% Fruit Juice Boxes
- Vegetables: Canned (No Salt Added and/or Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Dairy: Shelf Stable Milk
- Kid-friendly Snacks: Granola Bars, Popcorn, Animal Crackers, Graham Crackers
- Baby Products: Formula, Infant Cereal, Baby Food
For questions or more information, please contact: Kim Jolly, City of Reno, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see the Summer Food Drive 2018 flyer.
# # #