To facilitate the Washoe County Library System's outreach efforts to children and educators, the Washoe County Library System is pleased to offer expanded access to library resources and services through our Educator Library Cards. This card is available to Educators employed at Washoe County Pre-K-12 schools as well as staff employed at charter schools, daycare centers, camps, after school programs, and homeschooling parents in Washoe County. The Educator Card does not accrue fines on print material. Educators who wish to take advantage of the new Educator Card simply need to check in at their local library to change their status.
The Washoe County Library System is also pleased to host educator nights. Educators are invited to join the Library System at any of the open houses to become acquainted with how the Washoe County Library System can support their classroom, and learn about the new friction-free cards for educators. Library staff will provide tours and introduce educators to research databases and other digital resources available to card holders, and more.
- Downtown Reno Library – Sunday, August 19 and September 16; 11 am - Noon
- Incline Village Library – Thursday, September 6; 4 - 5:30 pm
- Northwest Reno Library – Wednesday, August 29 and September 19; 4 - 6 pm; Northwest Library 15-minute tours at 4:30, 5, and 5:30 pm
- South Valleys Library – Wednesday, August 1, 5 - 7 pm
- Duncan/Traner Community Library – Monday, September 10 and Wednesday, September 12; 2:30 - 4:30 pm
- North Valleys Library – Thursday, August 23 and Friday, August 24; 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- Sierra View Library – Tuesday, September 11 and Thursday, September 13 3:30 - 6 pm; Tours at 3:30 and 5:30 pm; and a digital resources session at 4:30 pm
- Spanish Springs Library – Tuesday, July 24; 5 - 7 pm
- Sparks Library - Tuesday, September 11 and Thursday, September 13; 3:30 - 6 pm. Tours at 3:30 and 5:30 pm; and a digital resources session at 4:30 pm