Washoe County Announcement
For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. March 20, 2018. The following report highlights several important agenda items from the Washoe County Board of Commissioners meeting.
1. Board of County Commissioners proclaims March 31, 2018 Cesar Chavez Day. The proclamation recognizes the achievements and contributions to end suffering for farmworkers and their families.
2. Board of County Commissioners proclaims April 2018 as National Donate Life Month. The proclamation recognizes Nevada Donor Network, the only Organ Procurement Organization (OPO) in Nevada, and their work with the Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner’s Office.
3. Board of County Commissioners proclaims the week of March 19-23, 2018 as Nevada Moves Week. The proclamation encourages all citizens across Washoe County to walk, bike, or participate in an athletic event with their children and community leaders this week, and all year.
4. Board of County Commissioners proclaim April 2018 as National Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Month. The proclamation recognizes the Washoe County Human Services Agency’s devotion to the well-being and safety of our children, and to raise awareness about child abuse and assist families in need of support.
5. Board of County Commissioners proclaim April 8-14, 2018 as National Library Week. The proclamation celebrates this national movement to encourage all residents to visit the library during this week and explore what’s new and engage with your local librarian.
6. Board of County Commissioners proclaim April 8-14, 2018 as National Public Safety Telecommunications Week. The proclamation honors the critical work of Communications Specialists who are the first and vital link between citizens and emergency services. These responders are always ready to serve the interest of public safety no matter how difficult or stressful the circumstances.
For photos of today's proclamation recipients, please click here for our Flikr account.