Washoe County Announcement
Annual Salary: $59,051 - $76,793
Deadline for Applying: Thursday, March 22, 2018
Under general supervision, performs journey level investigative work in the Public Defender's Office for mitigation; and performs related duties as required. An incumbent receives little supervision and minimal review in the performance of assignments.
This is an Open Competitive / Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to fill a current vacancy in the Public Defender’s Office. The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
For more information on this position, please see the Job Specification at https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobspecs.php
License or Certificate
A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, social work, psychology, human development and family studies or a related field AND one year of full-time experience in sentencing mitigation; OR equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to travel and adjust work schedule as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients, internal staff and the general public
- Ability to manage potentially divisive/sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to manage electronic data using various software programs
- Ability to manage challenging case facts and graphic subject matter/photos
- Experience with indigent population, including persons with drug addiction, mental illness or language deficits
- Death penalty mitigation experience
Additional Application Requirement
This recruitment uses a Training and Experience Exam (T&E):
- The T&E can be found starting on page three of this announcement.
- The T&E will be scored and ranked based on information provided in the answers to each of the questions.
- Failure to attach the T&E to your application at the time of submission, or failure to provide the required responses to the questions may result in disqualification from the selection process.
- The T&E will evaluate your knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Investigative Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Communications Skills
You can find additional information on the Training and Experience Exam at the following link: https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/Careers/recruitmentandselectionprocess.php
Contact Cole McBride, the Recruiting Analyst, at 775-328-2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HR Front Desk phone: 775-328-2081 fax: 775-328-6119
For additional information and to apply for the position, visit https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobopportunities.php