Annual Salary: $52,520 - $68,348
Deadline for Applying: Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Under general supervision, performs a variety of professional level librarian services in any of the library divisions, such as information services, cataloging, and public services, and performs related work as required.
This is an Open Competitive / Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to fill a current full-time vacancy in the Washoe County Library System. The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
For more information on this position, please see the Job Specification at https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobspecs.php
Master’s degree in Library Science or Library Information Science from an American Library Association accredited college or university AND one year full-time paraprofessional library experience; OR a Master’s degree in any other discipline and three years full-time paraprofessional library experience.
License or Certificate
May require a valid driver’s license at the time of appointment.
The ideal candidate has experience working with youth and their families, supporting emerging readers, applying early and pre-literacy concepts, utilizing technology to provide services to youth, and delivering youth programming.
He or she has the ability to communicate in a respectful and proactive manner and adjust their style and content to address a young audience of varying ages as well as their caregivers and local community partners.
As an ambassador of the library, he or she has the ability to provide superior service and make patrons feel valued, from the grandparent and teen to the 4-month-old child, and everyone in between.
What Happens Next
1. After your application in screened, you will be notified via the email you provided whether or not you have met the minimum requirements for the position.
Those applicants who do not meet the qualifications have five (5) working days to file an appeal, and request a review of their qualifications.
2. If you have met the minimum requirements, you will receive an additional email inviting you to take the Washoe County Supervisory exam.
- The tentative date for your exam will be Thursday, April 19, 2018. The exact time for that exam will be sent with your invitation.
- The exam will be administered and proctored in Reno, NV.
- The exam will be 100% written multiple choice and will evaluate your expertise, knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Interpersonal Effectiveness (Communication, Customer Service, Personal Relationships, Teamwork)
- Organizational Systems Awareness (Action and Results, Ethics and Integrity, Quality Improvement)
- Personal Development (Accountability, Adaptability, Continuous Learning)
- Managing Others (Decision Making, Developing Organizational Talent, Financial and Resource Management, Leading and Inspiring Others, Planning and Organizing, Values and Leverages Diversity)
- Supervisory Functions and Responsibilities
- Reading Comprehension
3. After the exam is completed, you will receive an additional email notifying you of your score and rank. This rank will be used to determine which candidates will be interviewed by departments trying to fill a vacancy.
4. Hiring departments schedule interviews from a list of top scoring candidates. If your name is not sent to the hiring department, it will remain on the list for future opportunities as they become available.
Contact Cole McBride, the Recruiting Analyst, at 775-328-2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HR Front Desk phone: 775-328-2081 fax: 775-328-6119
For additional information and to apply for the position, visit https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobopportunities.php