Washoe County Announcement
Technology Network Engineer I/II
I $56,201 - $73,028
II $59,051 - $76,793
Deadline for Applying: Monday, March 5, 2018
Under general supervision, implements, maintains, programs, monitors and troubleshoots wired and wireless network, telecommunications, public safety radio, cybersecurity and electronic security systems for the County; and performs related work as required.
Under general supervision, implements, maintains, programs, monitors and troubleshoots wired and wireless network, telecommunications, public safety radio, cybersecurity and electronic security systems for the County; works with customers and outside vendors to analyze needs and to prepare system specifications and design plans for implementation of these technologies; and performs related work as required.
This is an Open Competitive / Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to fill a current full time vacancy in the Technology Services Department. The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
This position is in a flexibly staffed class series. The hiring department has the discretion to fill a vacancy at the Technology Network Engineer I or II level. Eligible candidates who qualify for more than one level in the series must be considered from the highest level for which they qualify, unless they specifically request to be considered at a lower level in lieu of the higher level.
For more information on this position, please see the Job Specification at https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobspecs.php
Two years of full-time experience providing support for a complex multi-site network system, large multi-campus phone systems, or public safety radio system; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering, computer systems, networking, computer science, cybersecurity or a closely related field may substitute for the required experience.
An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering, computer systems, networking, computer science, cybersecurity, or closely related field AND one year of full-time experience in providing support for a complex multi-site network system, large multi-campus phone systems or public safety radio systems; OR a minimum of three years of full-time experience.
License or Certificate
FCC General Radio Operators License (GROL) must be obtained within six months of appointment for any Network Engineer I position assigned to work on the Washoe County Regional Communication System (WCRCS). Positions within the Enterprise Infrastructure Division do not require this license.
FCC General Radio Operators License (GROL) required prior to an appointment to any Network Engineer II position assigned to work on the Washoe County Regional Communication System (WCRCS). Positions within the Enterprise Infrastructure Division do not require this license.
A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment.
Some positions within this classification may require employee to obtain a Tower Climbing Safety certification
- Has an electronics and/or networking background with an emphasis on radio communications.
- Will be familiar with radio frequency testing principles and electronic test equipment.
- Be a self-starter who strives to improve skills and remain current in electronic, radio frequency, and networking technologies.
- Has a reputation for their excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
Additional Application Requirement
This recruitment uses a Training and Experience Exam (T&E):
- The T&E can be found starting on page three of this announcement.
- The T&E will be scored and ranked based on information provided in the answers to each of the questions.
- Failure to attach the T&E to your application at the time of submission, or failure to provide the required responses to the questions may result in disqualification from the selection process.
- The T&E will evaluate your knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Interpersonal and Collaboration Skills
- Communications Skills (Both Oral and Written)
You can find additional information on the Training and Experience Exam at the following link: https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/Careers/recruitmentandselectionprocess.php
Contact Carla Arribillaga, the Recruiting Analyst, at 775-328-2096 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HR Front Desk phone: 775-328-2081 fax: 775-328-6119
For additional information and to apply for the position, visit https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobopportunities.php