We want to hear from you. With the voter-approved legalization of marijuana on ballot question 2 during the 2016 election, local governments have been proactively creating codes to meet requirements of state law. Washoe County is seeking your input to create and adopt codes related to zoning, business licensing and public safety of legalized marijuana in unincorporated Washoe County. Two upcoming opportunities to learn more and provide feedback include a public workshop and an online survey.
What: Public Workshop – Marijuana Establishment Regulations
When: Wednesday, February 7, 2018
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Where: Washoe County Health District
Washoe Complex, Building B (Conference Rooms A & B)
1001 East Ninth Street, Reno
Online Survey: https://www.peakdemocracy.com/5886
Codes related to zoning, business licensing and public safety include:
- Chapter 25 (Business License)
- Chapter 53 (Miscellaneous Crimes)
- Chapter 110 (Development Code)
Your feedback through either the online survey or the public meeting will be shared with elected officials during the three step approval process before the Washoe County Planning Commission and Washoe County Board of Commissioners. The proposed dates for hearings include:
- Washoe County Planning Commission meeting (Chapter 110 Only): March 6, 6:30 p.m.
- Washoe County Board of County Commissioners (1st Reading: Chapter 110, Chapter 53, Chapter 25): March 27, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Washoe County Board of Commissioners (2nd Reading and Adoption: Chapter 110, Chapter 53, Chapter 25): April 10, 2018, 10 a.m.
The proposed amendments will be posted to the county’s website at www.washoecounty.us/mme prior to the public workshop.
The facilities in which this workshop is being held are accessible to the disabled. Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations or assistance (e.g. sign language interpreters or assisted listening devices) at the meeting should notify the Washoe County Planning and Building Division at 775.328.3615 two working days prior to the meeting.