Please join us as the Historic Reno Preservation Society (HRPS) Series presents free great historical interest programs at two local libraries.
Sierra View Library will host the programs on the fourth Sunday of the month, January through April, 2018 from 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- January 28 - Jeff Auer, American History and Humanities instructor and LGBTQ Scholar presents: “History of LGBTQ Reno”
- February 25 - Edan Strekal Project Archivist, Special Collections, University of Nevada, Reno, presents: “Reno Chinatown”
- March 25 - Kelly Rigby, President of the Flick Ranch Project, and Joyce Cox, Author and Research Librarian, presents: “Flick Ranch”
- April 22 - ZoAnn Campana, Historic Preservation Consultant and HRC Architectural Historian, presents: “Reno’s Early Meatpacking Industry”
Northwest Reno Library in celebration of Reno’s Sesquicentennial, will host Reno 150 series on the third Wednesday of the month from January through May, 2018 from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm.
- January 17 - Fran Tryon, Hillside Cemetery Activist, presents: “Families of Hillside Cemetery”
- February 21 - Dana Munkelt presents: “Truckee Meadows Irrigation Ditches”
- March 21 - Debbie Hinman, HRPS FootPrints Editor and HRC Commissioner, presents: “A Tale of Two Cities”
- April 18 - Joyce Cox, Author and Research Librarian, presents: “Visit Reno on the Way: the History of the Reno Chamber of Commerce”
- May 16 - David Hansen, Emeritus Director Hot August Nights, presents: “The Hot August Nights Story”