For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
- Nevada property taxes are levied and billed on a fiscal year cycle: July 1 – June 30.
- Fiscal year 2017/2018 property taxes were levied on July 1, 2017 and are currently being collected. Nevada property taxes are due on the third Monday each August (August 21, 2017). State law provides that any tax bill in excess of $100 for the year may be paid in four installments. For 2017/2018 those installment due dates are August 21 & October 2, 2017 and January 1 & March 5, 2018.
- A property owner may choose to pay in full or take advantage of the four installments. NRS 361.483
- Please consult your tax professional or the IRS about your specific circumstances.
- Property taxes for fiscal year 2018/2019 will not be levied until July 1, 2018.
The Treasurer’s office does not accept payments in advance for taxes not yet levied.
The Internal Revenue Service issued this statement regarding prepaid real property taxes: