Washoe County Announcement
Senior Deputy Recorder
Annual Salary: $43,909 - $57,096
Deadline for Applying: Thursday, December 28, 2017
Under general supervision, organizes and provides lead supervision and training to staff engaged in the recording and indexing of a variety of legal documents; processes and records documents; and performs related duties as required.
This is an Open Competitive / Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to fill a current full time vacancy in the Washoe County Recorder’s Office. This list will also be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
For more information on this position, please see the Job Specification at https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobspecs.php
Three years of full-time experience performing functions common to a County Recorder’s Office including reviewing, recording and indexing a variety of real estate related legal documents and calculating associated fees; OR one year of full-time experience as a Deputy County Recorder within Washoe County.
- Has the ability to recognize the strengths in their teammates and leads others with a flexible and adaptable approach to become proficient in their tasks with the aim of self-sufficiency.
- Sets an example of leadership and team work while performing job responsibilities and taking accountability for one’s actions, and understands the impact of every individual’s performance on the team.
- Has a passion for the protection and preservation of property records as they relate to provisions in the United States Constitution and ability to abide by NRS codes relating to department functions and guidelines.
- Is driven by a personal and professional commitment to public service, and demonstrates this through positive and resourceful interactions with internal and public customers.
- Supports the vision, goals, and mission statements of the department, department head, and organization, and encourages others to keep this larger picture in mind when working on singular tasks for extended periods of time.
What Happens Next
1. After your application in screened, you will be notified via the email you provided whether or not you have met the minimum requirements for the position.
Those applicants who do not meet the qualifications have five (5) working days to file an appeal, and request a review of their qualifications.
2. If you have met the minimum requirements, you will receive an additional email inviting you to take the Senior Deputy Recorder exam.
- The tentative date for your exam will be January 10, 2018. The exact time for that exam will be sent with your invitation.
- The exam will be administered and proctored in Reno, NV.
- The exam will be 100% written multiple choice and will evaluate your expertise, knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Technical Knowledge
- Analytical Skills
- Managing Work/Office Processes
- Interpersonal Skills
3. After the exam is completed, you will receive an additional email notifying you of your score and rank. This rank will be used to determine which candidates will be interviewed by departments trying to fill a vacancy.
4. Hiring departments schedule interviews from a list of top scoring candidates. If your name is not sent to the hiring department, it will remain on the list for future opportunities as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the Online Application Process you can find additional information at the following link: https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/faq/online/appprocess.php
Contact Cole McBride, the Recruiting Analyst, at 775-328-2090 or email@example.com
HR Front Desk phone: 775-328-2081 fax: 775-328-6119
For additional information and to apply for the position, visit https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobopportunities.php