Washoe County Announcement
For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. Oct. 13, 2017. The 2017 Washoe Impact Awards, a new and exciting way to honor employees and the programs that impact the community, was held last night in the Washoe County Commission Chambers.
“Last night’s event was really a fresh way to communicate the impact of our employees, and how that ultimately benefits our community,” says Washoe County Manager, John Slaughter. “As a service organization, our employees and their hard work is what sets us apart.”
The top four awards were selected from 13 finalists from county programs that were nominated by employees in the following categories: Integrity, Effective Communication, Quality Public Service and the Manager’s Choice for Commitment to Excellence.
The winners are…
- Washoe Impacts INTEGRITY Award Winner: Sober 24 program (click for video)
- Washoe Impacts EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION Award Winner: CSD University (click for video)
- Washoe Impact QUALITY PUBLIC SERVICE Award Winner: Washoe County Child Advocacy Center (click for video)
- Washoe Impact MANAGER’S CHOICE FOR COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE: C.E.R.T. (Citizen’s Emergency Response Team) (click for video)
- Plus, see how #WashoeImpacts: Strategic Objectives video
Couldn’t attend? You can watch the entire event on the Washoe County YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiS-oiVFIrE
For a digital copy of the 2016-17 Annual Report, award videos and more: http://bit.ly/2ymvSY7