Washoe County Announcement
For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. May 16, 2017. The following report highlights several important agenda items from the Washoe County Board of Commissioners meeting.
1. Washoe County received 35th consecutive Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. Awarded by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) for the comprehensive annual financial report for the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2016. The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting. Washoe County has been formally acknowledged for receiving this prestigious award for the past 35 consecutive years.
“We have continued to work diligently to ensure we are committed to every level of fiscal responsibility and transparency. I am truly proud of our staff here at Washoe County who work hard every day to pursue excellence. This recognition acknowledges our long-standing dedication to provide the greatest impact to our community,” says Cathy Hill, Washoe County Comptroller.
2. Board of County Commissioners recognized and approved the following proclamations:
- Proclamation for May 2017 as Older Americans Month.
- Proclamation for Peace Officers Memorial Day and National Police Week.
- Proclamation for May 2017 as Wildfire Awareness Month.
- Proclamation for Robert & Peter Lissner Day.
- Proclamation for National Public Works Week.
- Proclamation for Lake Tahoe Wildfire Awareness Month.
- Proclamation for National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges Achievements.
- Proclamation for Emergency Medical Services Week.