For Immediate Release
Contact: Chris Ciarlo
Reposted on behalf of the City of Reno
Reno, Nevada. May 15, 2017. The City of Reno, Washoe County and the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) are partnering again for the Stuff a Bus program to support local seniors in need.
The donation drive begins on Thursday, May 18, 2017 and ends on Tuesday, May 30, 2017. The organizations are asking for NEW, unused items for seniors in the community. A list of needed items is available at Reno.gov/SeniorGiving.
"This is a great opportunity to extend a helping hand to the seniors in our community who may be struggling to make ends meet,” said Reno Vice Mayor and RTC Commissioner Neoma Jardon. “I have been so proud and thankful to see the generosity of so many community members who donated to past Senior Giving efforts."
What to donate:
- Jackets, sweatshirts, and pants
- Air circulation fans and auto off electric space heaters
- Household cleaning and bathroom supplies
- Adult diapers
- Gift cards (grocery stores, pharmacies, book stores, movies, pet stores, etc.)
- Bus passes or RTC Access ticket books (http://www.rtcwashoe.com/)
- Financial donations are also accepted. Checks can be made payable to Washoe County Senior Services
Starting on May 18, donations can be delivered to these locations:
- Reno City Hall, 1st and 2nd floors at 1 East First Street, Reno
- Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center at 1301 Valley Road, Reno
- Teglia's Paradise Park Activity Center at 2745 Elementary Drive, Reno
- Neil Road Recreation Center at 3925 Neil Road, Reno
- Reno Police Department at 455 E. Second Street, Reno
- Sparks City Hall at 431 Prater Way, Sparks
- Sparks Senior Center at 97 Richards Way, Sparks
- Washoe County Senior Center at 1001 E. Ninth Street, Building E, Reno
- Washoe County Human Services at 350 Center Street, Reno
- Washoe County Sheriff’s Office at 911 Parr Blvd., Reno
- Washoe County District Attorney’s Office at 1 S. Sierra Street, Reno
- RTC Administrative Offices at 1105 Terminal Way, Reno
- The Continuum at 3700 Grant Drive, Reno
- My Wedding Library, Summit Mall at 13945 S. Virginia St., Suite 618, Reno
- Jet.Com, Tahoe Reno Industrial Center at 2777 USA Parkway, Suite 115, McCarran
Donated items will be delivered to Washoe County Senior Services at the end of the program and distributed to seniors in need.
The drive will culminate with a Senior Giving Stuff a Bus event on Tuesday, May 30. An RTC bus will be parked in front of Greater Nevada Field between 4 and 6 p.m. People who donate during those hours will receive a buy-one, get-one coupon for an upcoming Reno Aces baseball game or 1868 FC soccer match.
# # #
About the City of Reno
The City of Reno government's mission is dedicated to creating a community that people are proud to call home. In order to achieve that purpose, the Reno City Council has established five key priorities: Thriving Downtown and University District, Vibrant Neighborhoods and Public Places, Well-Managed Growth, Strong Financial Condition, and Efficient and Dependable Business Environment. To learn more about the City of Reno, visit Reno.gov or call 775-334-INFO (4636).