Washoe County Announcement
Animal Services Caretaker
Annual Salary: $32,406 - $42,120
For additional information and to apply for the position, visit https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobopportunities.php
This is an Open Competitive / Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to fill a current full time vacancy in the Washoe County Regional Animal Services. The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
Under general supervision, care for, feed, water, clean, process redemptions or rescues and euthanize animals housed at Regional Animal Services; maintain buildings in a safe and sanitary condition; answer questions regarding County animal control ordinances and regulations; assist with community outreach events; and performs related work as required.
Experience and Training Requirements
Six months of full-time experience in the care and handling of animals in a professional work environment; OR two years active/reserve military duty; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
License or Certificate
- Possession of a valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid certification as a euthanasia technician is required within one year of appointment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid pharmacy certificate is required within one year of appointment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers to include County staff and the general public.
- Ability to recognize obvious changes to the normal appearance and activities of animals.
- Ability to handle animals, small and large.
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment.
- Attention to detail with following written and verbal instruction.
Conditions of Employment
- Background checks will be conducted on selected applicants through the State of Nevada and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- The Washoe County Employees Association (WCEA) Supervisory covers the Asset Systems Coordinator classification. The provisions of the prospective collective bargaining unit therefore cover this position.
- All Washoe County Animal Service employees are considered disaster services employees when ordered to assist during a disaster.
- Must be willing to work on-call shifts, irregular hours, weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- This position requires lifting up to 75 lbs., unassisted. This includes animals that are excited and agitated.
Applicants who meet the requirements for Animal Services Caretaker will be scheduled to take the exam. The examination process will consist of a written multiple choice exam weighted 100%. Go to the Required Additional Information link to view instructions and exam for this position.
Those applicants who do not meet the qualifications will be notified by email and have five (5) working days to request a review of their qualifications.
Deadline for Applying
Monday, March 27, 2017
Contact Carla Arribillaga, the Recruiting Analyst, at (775) 328-2096 or email@example.com
HR Front Desk phone: 775-328-2081 fax: 775-328-6119