For Immediate Release
Contact: Joshua Andreasen
Reno, Nevada. March 9, 2017. Washoe County and the North Valleys Incident Command Team are hosting a community meeting for Lemmon Valley residents at North Valleys High School on Thursday, March 9, at 6 p.m.
Incident Commander and TMFPD Battalion Chief Sam Hicks will give a brief update on the flooding situation and how local, state and federal agencies are making resources available for residents in Lemmon Valley impacted by flooding.
Who: Washoe County and the North Valleys Incident Command Team
What: Lemmon Valley Community Meeting
Where: North Valleys High School at 1470 Golden Valley Rd., Reno.
When: Thursday, March 9, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Media: Incident Commander Sam Hicks will be available for a press conference a half hour prior to the meeting.
The following resources will be available after the presentation:
- Washoe County Community Services Department (Hydrology/Engineering)
- Washoe County Assessor’s Office
- Washoe County Regional Animal Services
- Washoe County Health District (Septic, water, wells)
- Washoe County Sheriff’s Office (Public Safety)
- Washoe County Social Services (Community Resources)
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and Volunteer Fire Program
- Nevada Department of Public Safety - Division of Emergency Management
- Several other State of Nevada resources
- Other community outreach programs/organizations