In an effort to connect citizens affected by flooding in the Lemmon Valley community with resources, Washoe County and the North Valleys Incident Command Team are hosting a community meeting at North Valleys High School on Thursday, March 9, at 6 p.m.
We invite you to hear Incident Commander and TMFPD Battalion Chief Sam Hicks give a brief update on the flooding situation, how local, state and federal agencies are responding and resources available to you during this extremely difficult time.
The following resources will be available after the presentation:
- Washoe County Community Services Department (Hydrology/Engineering)
- Washoe County Assessor’s Office
- Washoe County Regional Animal Services
- Washoe County Health District (Septic, water, wells)
- Washoe County Sheriff’s Office (Public Safety)
- Washoe County Social Services (Community Resources)
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and Volunteer Fire Program
Nevada Department of Public Safety -Division of Emergency Management
- Several other State of Nevada resources
- Other community outreach programs/organizations.
Who: Washoe County and the North Valleys Incident Command Team
What: Lemmon Valley Community Meeting
Where: North Valleys High School at 1470 Golden Valley Rd., Reno.
When: Thursday, March 9, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Note: Due to the high volume of people expected to attend, we ask that you arrive early.