Washoe County Library System is please to host members of the Sierra Nevada Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience for an upcoming free program entitled "Brain Awareness". They will present a short, engaging, hands-on presentation on the brain and will bring in real human brains, as well as plasticized sections, mouse brains, fly brains, diagrams, and other activities.
- Sunday, March 12, 2017, 2 p.m. - Duncan/Traner Community Library
- Saturday, March 18, 2017, 1:30 p.m. - North Valleys Library
- Sunday, March 19, 2017, 1:30 p.m. - Downtown Reno Library
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 4 p.m. - South Valleys Library
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 5:30 p.m. - Sparks Library
The Sierra Nevada Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience (SNCSfN) was formed in 2008 by neuroscientists in Nevada. Their interest is to advance the understanding of nervous system and to promote education in the neurosciences. This partnership program was graciously provided in part by Washoe County, Washoe County Library System, Sierra Nevada Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience, University of Nevada Reno-School of Medicine, and the Society for Neuroscience.