For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nevada. Dec. 30, 2016. Several Washoe County offices will be closed Monday, Jan. 2, 2017, for the observance of the New Year’s Day holiday.
The following will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth Street in Reno
- Washoe County Senior Services and the congregate meal sites
- All Washoe County libraries will be closed on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017 and Monday, Jan. 2, 2017, in observance of the New Year's Day Holiday. In addition, libraries with Saturday evening hours will close at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 31. Please go to www.washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, download eBooks, research databases and more.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office - all administrative offices
- Second Judicial District Court
- Regional Animal Services shelter operations and office will be closed, but field operations will continue as normal.
- Washoe County Health District
The following will be open:
- The office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth Street and Wells Avenue in Reno will remain open Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017, from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office. The Clerk’s Office will also be open Monday, Jan. 2, 2017.
# # #