For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nevada. Dec. 22, 2016. We send our warmest thoughts and best wishes to Washoe County residents for a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year.
Please enjoy our video below.
Most Washoe County offices will be closed Monday, Dec. 26, 2016 for the Christmas holiday.
The following will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth St. in Reno
- Washoe County Senior Services and the congregate meal sites
- All Washoe County libraries will be closed on Sunday, Dec. 25, and Monday, Dec. 26 in observance of the Christmas Day Holiday. The Incline Village and Duncan/Traner libraries will also be closed on Tuesday, Dec. 27. In addition, libraries with Saturday evening hours will close at 5 p.m. on Dec. 24. Please go to www.washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, download eBooks, research databases and more.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office - all administrative offices
- Second Judicial District Court
- Regional Animal Services shelter operations and office will be closed, but field operations will continue as normal.
- Washoe County Health District
The following will be open:
- The office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth Street and Wells Ave. in Reno will remain open throughout the holiday from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office.