For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nevada. Dec. 14, 2016. Due to inclement weather in the forecast the next few days, the Washoe County Community Services Department (CSD) has setup several sandbag locations within Washoe County at the following locations:
- Washoe County Operations Yard, 3101 Longley Lane, Reno
- Highland Ranch Parkway, one mile west of Pyramid Highway, Sparks
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Station #30 at 3905 Old Hwy 395, Washoe Valley
- Truckee Meadows Fires Protection District Station #16, 1240 Eastlake Blvd.
- Volunteer Fire Station #227, 3010 Lakeshore, Washoe Valley
- Gander Lane and Eastlake Boulevard, Washoe Valley (sand only)
- Lemmon Valley Volunteer Fire Station on Nectar (sand only)
- Arizona and Lemmon Drive, Lemmon Valley (sand only)
- Blue Heron/ Warrior Lane in the Belli Ranch area (until supplies last)
- Boom town/ Cabela’s roundabout (until supplies last)
- Dorostkar Park (until supplies last)
Washoe County asks that all citizens stay away from standing or moving water and do not try to pass over roads where you cannot see the pavement. Call 775-334-2121 to report flooding within unincorporated Washoe County.
Report any road flooding to 775-328-2180. Report any flooding within the City of Reno by calling 775-334-4636.
# # #