For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nevada. Nov. 22, 2016. Most Washoe County offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24, and Friday, Nov. 25, 2016, for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The following will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth St., in Reno
- Washoe County Senior Services and the congregate meal sites
- All Washoe County libraries will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25. In addition, the Downtown Reno and Spanish Springs libraries will be closed on Wednesday, Nov. 23. Please go to www.washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, download eBooks, research databases and more.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Second Judicial District Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office - all administrative offices, including the front desk
- Regional Animal Services shelter operations and office will be closed, but field operations will continue as normal.
- Washoe County Health District
The following will be open:
- The office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth St., and Wells Ave., in Reno, will remain open throughout the holiday from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office.
# # #