For Immediate Release
Contact: Jackie Bryant
Reno, Nevada. Nov. 1, 2016. The Washoe County Law Library will waive overdue book fines with a donation through Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016.
The Washoe County Law Library, of the Second Judicial District Court, will waive overdue book fines with the donation of nonperishable food items. Donations must be made at the Law Library and cannot be used towards lost or damaged materials.
Please be sure your donation is not expired. The below items are needed:
- Canned Meals: Stews, Soups, Spaghetti/Ravioli (Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Protein: Peanut Butter, Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Dried or Canned Beans
- Grains: Whole Grain Cereal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Pasta
- Fruits: Canned (Packed in 100 percent Juice or Light Syrup), Dried Fruit, Applesauce
- (No Sugar Added), 100 percent Fruit Juice Boxes
- Vegetables: Canned (No Salt Added and/or Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Dairy: Shelf Stable Milk
- Kid-friendly Snacks: Granola Bars, Popcorn, Animal Crackers, Graham Crackers
- Baby Products: Formula, Infant Cereal, Baby Food
What: Food for Fines: Closing the Book on Hunger
Where: Washoe County Law Library at the Second Judicial District Court at 75 Court St., 1st Floor
When: Runs through Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016
Donations will be accepted: Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
For further information, please contact the Law Library at 775-328-3250.
# # #