Join Washoe County Park Rangers for Fall Photo Hikes this fall
Explore a different trail each week and don’t forget the camera.

Media Release
For Immediate Release

Contact: Andrew Brown

Reno, Nevada. Oct. 19, 2016. If you enjoy hiking scenic trails, and love to take nature photography, then you will not want to miss the "Fall Photo Hikes" series.

Join Washoe County Park Rangers as we explore some of our area’s most scenic trails. This series is meant to provide amateur photographers and hiking enthusiasts alike with the opportunity to capture their own spectacular fall photography. Bring a jacket, a sturdy pair of hiking boots, a bottle of water, a snack, and of course your favorite camera. The hikes, which are easy to medium in difficulty, will cover three to five miles in one to three hours, weather permitting. Pets should be left at home, as they will not be allowed on the hikes.

Fall Photo Hikes series - All begin at 2 p.m.

  • Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Thomas Creek Trailhead at the end of Timberline Road
  • Saturday, Oct. 29, at the Brown’s Creek Trailhead on Joy Lake Road.
  • Saturday, Nov. 5, along scenic Galena Creek, starting from the trailhead next to Callahan Park on Callahan Ranch Road

To RSVP for the hikes, please call 775-849-2511 or email Any changes in the schedule due to weather will be posted on the Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space Facebook page.

What: Fall Photo Hikes and the Sierra-Nevada Autumn photography exhibit

Where: Mt Rose Trailhead along Hwy 431 at the Mt. Rose Summit, Thomas Creek Trailhead on Timberline Rd, Brown’s Creek Trailhead on Joy Lake Rd, and Galena Creek Trail on Callahan Ranch Rd.

When: Oct. 22, Oct. 29, and Nov. 5, beginning at 2 p.m.

RSVP & Contact: 775-849-2511 or  

Submit your photos: Submit your photos from the hikes and we might share them on Facebook or our website! Go here to submit your photo

Galena Creek Regional Park is managed by the Washoe County Community Services Department. For more information, visit


Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »