Washoe County is seeking public input on cargo containers and hoop houses
Community Services Department hosting workshop & open house Wednesday, Aug. 3.

Reno, Nevada. July 27, 2016. The Washoe County Community Services Department’s Planning and Development Division is hosting a public workshop and open house regarding proposed amendments to Washoe County Code Chapter 110 (Development Code). The proposed updates focus on easing regulations for use of cargo containers and new regulations to allow for the establishment of hoop houses/high tunnels.

The event is Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2016, from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Washoe County Administration Complex. The public can stop by anytime during the workshop hours. County staff will be available to discuss the proposed amendments until 6 p.m.

Following public input, the amendments will be discussed by the Washoe County Planning Commission. The public hearing is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, September 6, 2016. 

Who: Community Services Department

What: Public workshop and open house for proposed amendments to the Development Code

When: Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2016. Stop by anytime from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.


Slide Mountain Conference Room at the Washoe County Administration Complex

1001 East Ninth Street, Reno

Building A, Second Floor, West End

Contacts: Dave Solaro, Community Services Department Director at 775-328-3624 or; or Kelly Mullin, Planner at 775-328-3608 or  

For more information on the proposed amendments, view the staff report that outlines the reasons for the updates, or review the proposed amendments online:

The facilities in which this workshop is being held are accessible to the disabled. Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations or assistance (e.g. sign language interpreters or assisted listening devices) at the meeting should notify the Washoe County Planning and Development Division at 775.328.3600 two working days prior to the meeting.

Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »