For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nevada. July 1, 2016. Most Washoe County administrative offices will be closed in observance of the Independence Day holiday on Monday, July 4, 2016.
The following will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth Street in Reno.
- Washoe County Senior Services
- All Washoe County libraries will be closed Monday, July 4. Spanish Springs and downtown Reno libraries will also be closed Tuesday, July 5. Please go to www.washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, download eBooks, research databases and more.
- The Washoe County District Court.
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Second Judicial District Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office - all administrative offices
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office reception/front desk.
- Washoe County Health District
- Regional Animal Services shelter operations and office will be closed, but field operations will continue.
Reminder: Keep your pets safe on the Fourth of July. The holiday can be fun for people but not pets. Fireworks scare them so bring animals inside.
Regional Animal Services staff also encourages pet owners to make sure their pets have identification tags and are microchipped just in case they do get lost. This will expedite getting pets and their families reunited.
The following will be open:
- The office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth Street and Wells Avenue in Reno will remain open throughout the holiday from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office.