Re-posted on behalf of the Human Services Network.
Reno, Nevada. Dec. 21, 2015. The Human Services Network’s annual celebration of excellence in the delivery and support of human services in our community will take place on Thursday, January 14, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Capri Ballroom at the Peppermill Resort Hotel Casino. This event shines a light on important work that takes place within the many human services organizations in our community, often times with little recognition. We are thrilled to announce this year’s outstanding award recipients:
- Media Representative of the Year — Ray Hagar
- Politician of the Year – Judge Scott Pearson, Reno Justice Court
- Board Member of the Year – Mike Faultich, Ridge House
- Staff Member of the Year – Frieda Carberry, Healthy Communities Coalition
- Administrator of the Year – Anne Schiller, Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada
- Agency of the Year – ACTIONN
- Mike O’Callaghan Humanitarian Award – Connie McMullen
We invite the media to do a feature story on one or all of these deserving recipients.
- This year’s Agency of the Year, ACTIONN is a nonprofit that brings together all of the different faith communities to support those living in the margins.
- And, finally, Connie McMullen will receive the Mike O’Challaghan Humanitarian Award for her lifelong work on behalf of seniors and those with disabilities.
Detailed information — including biographies and photos — is available regarding each of the award recipients. This year’s event is supported by NV Energy, Charles Schwab Bank, and University of Phoenix.
Tickets cost $40 for members of the Human Services Network and $50 for non-members. A table of 8 costs $280 for members of the Human Services Network and $360 for non members. To RSVP and to pay, go to www.humanservicesnetwork.org or call 847-9311, x102 by Friday, Jan. 9, 2016.
For additional information or contact information for award recipients, please contact Erik Schoen at 847-9311, x102 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reno Justice Court Interim Court Administrator Scott Sosebee at 775-325-6543
Erik Schoen with the Human Services Network at 847-9311, x102.