Washoe County partners with City of Reno, RTC for Senior Giving program
Community encouraged to donate new, unused items

Media Release
For Immediate Release

Contact: Amy Ventetuolo

Reno, Nevada. Nov. 20, 2015 — Washoe County Senior Services, the City of Reno and Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) are partnering again this year on the Senior Giving holiday donation program, which assists seniors in the local community. The Food Bank of Northern Nevada and Reno Aces are also contributing to the cause.

The community can donate new, unused items from Nov. 23, 2015 to Dec. 11, 2015. There will also be a Stuff-A-Bus event on Dec. 2, 2015. A list of needed items includes jackets, coats, sweaters, sweat pants, warm hats, gloves, toiletries, bus passes, new electric space heaters with auto-off feature, adult diapers, robes and slippers.

"This is a great opportunity to extend a helping hand to the seniors in our community who may be struggling to make ends meet,” Reno City Councilmember and RTC Commissioner Neoma Jardon said. “I have been so proud and thankful to see the generosity of so many community members who donated to past Senior Giving efforts."

Starting on November 23, donation barrels will be located at the following Reno locations:

Donations can be dropped off Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Food Bank of Northern Nevada donated barrels for the drive.

An RTC electric bus will be parked in front of Aces Ballpark from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 2 to collect donations for seniors. The Reno Aces will give a free skate rental coupon, good for select dates in December, to those who drop a donation off at the bus.

Donated items will be delivered to Washoe County Senior Services at the end of the program and distributed to seniors in need.

The Stuff-A-Bus event coincides with the City of Reno’s annual Tree Lighting event, which will also take place on Dec. 2 at 5 p.m. outside of Reno City Hall.


Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »