For Immediate Release
Contact: Nancy Leuenhagen
Reno, Nevada. May 15, 2015. Washoe County Manager John Slaughter will submit his final budget for Fiscal Year 2015-16 to the Board of Washoe County Commissioners Monday, May 18, at 8:30 a.m.
What: Public hearing for possible adoption of FY 16 budget
When: Monday, May 18, 2015, at 8:30 a.m.
Where: Washoe County Commission Chambers at 1001 E. 9th St. Building A, Reno.
The following is a list of highlights included in the proposed FY 16 budget:
- An additional 60 full-time positions aligning with Board of County Commission Strategic Goals and Fiscal Year 2016 Initiatives.
- Increased investment in quality of life with 19 park capital projects totaling $4.2 million dollars.
- Public Safety: Sheriff’s Office, Alternate Sentencing and Medical Examiner resource additions to bolster community safety and health, including funding for the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Reserve Program.
- A new Business Facilitator position to meet growing economic development and diversification within Washoe County.
- A new Citizen call center for Washoe County to improve response to requests from residents and business owners.
Media: Washoe County Commissioners and County Manager John Slaughter will be available for interviews following the hearing.