Washoe County Strategic Plan
Washoe County's 2016-2018 Strategic Plan includes Washoe County's mission, values, long-term strategic direction and objectives, and immediate goals for Fiscal Year 2015-16.
- FY17 Third Quarter Update
- Summary of strategic plan
- Full strategic plan
- Presentation to Washoe County Commission
- Want to see how we’re performing on our strategic plan? View real-time status of our strategic goals and initiatives.
The foundation of Washoe County's Strategic Plan is as follows:
Working together regionally to provide and sustain a safe, secure and healthy community.
- Integrity - We are dedicated to uncompromising honesty in our dealings with the public and each other in conformance with our code of conduct.
- Effective Communication - We believe in simple, accurate, and clear communication. We encourage the open exchange of ideas and information.
- Quality Public Service –The County exists to serve the public. We put the needs and expectations of citizens first and take pride in delivering services of the highest quality.
Washoe County will be the social, economic and policy leadership force in Nevada and the western United States.
We will accomplish this by:
- Being forward thinking
- Being financially stable
- Elevating the quality of life so our community is a great place for everyone to live, regardless of means
- Being accessible to everyone we serve and representing the people
- Using the power of collaboration internally and externally
The County Commissioners' strategic objectives for Fiscal Year 2016-2018 are:
- Proactive economic development and diversification
- Safe, secure and healthy communities
- Stewardship of our community
- Regional and community leadership
- Valued, engaged employee workforce