Washoe County Strategic Plan
The strategic planning process was initiated in response to a shared desire among County leadership to institute a strategic management process where strategic priorities, organization alignment and performance metrics are part of core management practices. Additional outcomes of the planning process included linking the strategic plan to the budget to ensure resources are more closely aligned to priorities and an organizational conversation about values and culture is initiated.
A Strategic Planning Committee consisting of representation from across the County guided the process, executed key components of the process and managed communications throughout the phased development of the strategic plan.
Working together regionally to provide and sustain a safe, secure and healthy community.
- Integrity - We are dedicated to uncompromising honesty in our dealings with the public and each other in conformance with our code of conduct.
- Effective Communication - We believe in simple, accurate, and clear communication. We encourage the open exchange of ideas and information.
- Quality Public Service –The County exists to serve the public. We put the needs and expectations of citizens at the center of everything we do and take pride in delivering services of the highest quality.
Washoe County will be the social, economic and policy leadership force in Nevada and the western United States.
- Stewardship of Our Community
- Proactive Economic Development and Diversification
- Safe, Secure and Healthy Communities
- Regional Leadership Through Engaged Employees
- Fiscal Sustainability
- Economic Impacts
- Vulnerable Populations
- Employee Engagement
Strategic Plan Docs
- FY16-20 Strategic Overview
- FY16-20 Strategic Plan Doc (Updated for FY20)
- FY16-19 Strategic Plan Doc (Updated for FY19)
- FY16-18 Strategic Plan Doc (Updated for FY18)
- FY16-18 Strategic Plan Doc (Updated for FY17)
If you are interested in additional information on the Washoe County Strategic Plan, please contact Dana Searcy, Special Projects Manager, Office of the County Manager (775) 328-2720 or email@example.com.