Administrative Hearing Office
The Administrative Hearing Office (AHO) is a program within Washoe County that facilitates hearings for various code violations when a citizen does not voluntarily comply with code requirements within the county.
These hearings are requested by the citizen within 30 days of received notice of civil penalty or by a department or complaining party. Examples of these cases include but are not limited to barking dogs, dangerous dogs, non-compliance with Washoe County code concerning things like debris build up, dangerous conditions or structures etc.
The AHO adheres to specific sections of Washoe County Code (WCC) that covers the subject matter at issue, below please find helpful codes:
- Administrative Enforcement Code is located in WCC Chapter 125
- Animal related code violations are located in WCC 55.800
Contact the Administrative Hearing Office by:
- Phone: 775-325-6500 or leave a voicemail for callback at 775-328-2001
- Location: 1 South Sierra St., Reno, NV, 89501
- Email: AHO@washoecounty.us with the completed form below attached
Please note, Administrative Hearings will be conducted via teleconference due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please call in no later than 10 minutes prior to the hearing time. Hearings begin at the scheduled time.