County Manager's Advisory Council
The County Manager’s Advisory Council is a forum for constructive discussion on the role and responsibilities of county government in our changing world; the CMAC shares knowledge, best practices and advice with the County Manager and county senior leadership on various strategic issues with the goal of enhancing organizational effectiveness.
The membership of the County Manager’s Advisory Council consists of up to 20 members appointed by the County Manager. Each member shall serve for a two-year term with the possibility of multiple reappointments at the discretion of the County Manager. To the extent practical, members represent a diverse cross-section of private, public and nonprofit sector organizations.
- Attend monthly advisory council meetings
- Bring professional experience and expertise, along with a diversity of views and a willingness to express them
- Attend capstone County events outside of CMAC meetings no less than three times per year (examples include Washoe Impact Awards, open houses, ribbon cuttings, etc.)
- Provide advice and counsel to the County Manager through informed recommendations
- Act as ambassadors to the community
- Periodically serve on subcommittees organized to complete specific tasks identified by the County Manager and CMAC
A Chair will be appointed by the County Manager each year from the advisory board membership with the possibility of multiple reappointments at the discretion of the County Manager. In addition to the responsibilities outlined in the CMAC Membership Expectations, the Chair will:
- Preside over all member meetings of CMAC
- Act as the principal point of contact with the County Manager between meetings
- Assist the County Manager to set the agendas, select topics for discussion and develop initiatives for the CMAC
- Assist the County Manager in the development of initiatives for the CMAC
- Initiate and facilitate communications among the members of the CMAC
A Vice Chair will be appointed by the County Manager each year from the advisory board membership with the possibility of multiple reappointments at the discretion of the County Manager. In addition to the responsibilities outlined in the CMAC Membership Expectations, the Vice Chair will:
- Assist the Chair in fulfilling their responsibilities
- The Vice Chair assumes the responsibilities of the Chair in the absence of the Chair
The County Manager’s Advisory Council meets on a monthly basis.
- Chair, Mat Sinclair - The Discovery Museum
- Vice Chair, Jenifer Rose - It’s My Community Store
- John Andrews - Representative Washoe County Bargaining Units
- Pat Cashell - Volunteers of America
- Kyle Dalpe - TMCC
- Peter Gunnerman - Advanced Refining Concepts, LLC
- Rob Gaedtke - KPS3
- Chris Hoff - Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation/Barracuda Championship
- Eugenia Larmore - Ekay Economic Consultants
- Dwight Millard - Academy Mortgage Corporation
- Irene Payne - Washoe County School District
- J.R. Romero - J.R. Romero, Architect
- Don Tatro - Builders Association
If you are interested in additional information on CMAC, please contact Dana Searcy, Special Projects, Office of the County Manager (775) 328-2720 or email@example.com.