- YOUTH AND FAMILIES
- HELPFUL RESOURCES
- EARLY INTERVENTION AND PREVENTION
- PARTNERS AND PROVIDERS
- What is emancipation?
- What is the documentation needed for emancipation?
- What are the rights and responsibilities of an emancipated minor?
- What if minor no longer wants to be emancipated?
- What things DO NOT change for an emancipated minor?
- What is the court process for emancipation?
- What standards will the court require for emancipation?
- What about conflicts with parents?
- What are other considerations concerning emancipation?
- Courts and Records
- Early Intervention
- Detention Questions
- Common Laws
- CONTACT US
- DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE SERVICES
What is the court process for emancipation?
Complete emancipation paperwork and file it with the court clerk
Pay filing fees and process service fees
Send a notice to parents/guardians and the District Attorney's office