- YOUTH AND FAMILIES
- HELPFUL RESOURCES
- EARLY INTERVENTION AND PREVENTION
- PARTNERS AND PROVIDERS
- What is emancipation
- What is the documentation needed for emancipation?
- What are the rights and responsibilities of an emancipated minor?
- What if minor no longer wants to be emancipated?
- What things DO NOT change for an emancipated minor?
- What is the court process for emancipation?
- What standards will the court require for emancipation?
- What about conflicts with parents?
- What are other considerations concerning emancipation?
- Courts and Records
- Early Intervention
- Detention Questions
- Common Laws
- CONTACT US
- DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE SERVICES
What are the rights and responsibilities of an emancipated minor?
minor may enter into contracts such as rental agreements, loans and credit agreements
minor can sue or be sued because in the eyes of the law, the minor is an adult
minor may go to the doctor of his/her choice and parents will not have to sign for the minor