- YOUTH AND FAMILIES
- HELPFUL RESOURCES
- EARLY INTERVENTION AND PREVENTION
- PARTNERS AND PROVIDERS
- Courts and Records
- Early Intervention
- Detention Questions
- Are medical services available to my child while in detention?
- Can I bring my child on a tour of Wittenberg?
- How much does it cost if my child is detained at Wittenberg Hall?
- Why do I have to come get my child?
- What if I refuse to pick up my child?
- What are the detention center visiting requirements?
- Common Laws
- CONTACT US
- DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE SERVICES
How much does it cost if my child is detained at Wittenberg Hall?
Once a youth is arrested and detained, the parent/guardian is charged $30.00 a day until the initial detention hearing. Detention hearings occur within 24 hours each day Monday through Friday. There are no detention hearings on the weekend or Holidays. Once the initial detention hearing has occurred and the youth remains in detention, the parent is no longer responsible for payment.
If your child is arrested and authorized for release, but you refuse custody of your child the cost per day is $100.75.