Associated Costs

Potential Monetary Obligations can include: 

Board & Care Costs:  Once a youth is arrested and detained the parent or guardian is charged $30 per day until the initial detention hearing.  Detention hearings occur Monday through Friday excluding holidays.  If a child is court ordered to be detained at the initial detention hearing, board and care costs are no longer assessed.

Board & Care Costs - Refusal of Custody: When a youth is arrested and approved for release, it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to pick up the youth.  If the parent or guardian refuses to pick up the child, the charge for board and care of that child will be billed at $100.75 per day.

Board & Care Costs - Out of Home Placement: Under certain circumstances, parents may be responsible for the costs or portions of the costs if their child is court ordered to a rehabilitation or correctional facility.   

Court Fees:  The juvenile courts may impose the following fines or costs including, but not limited to:  attorney's fees, court fines, traffic fines, assessment fees,  and restitution.

Counseling/Programming: Parents/guardians and youth may be required to bear the costs or portions of the costs for any counseling or programming that may be ordered.

Restitution:  Parent(s)/Guardian(s) custodial and non-custodial, as well as the minor are responsible to pay restitution.

How to Make a Payment:

  • In Person - payments can be made in person at Jan Evans Juvenile Justice Facility at 650 Ferrari-Mcleod or Washoe County Collections Office at 1001 E. 9th St.  Accepted methods of payments are cash, checks, money orders, Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
  • By Mail - check and money order payments can be sent to Jan Evans Juvenile Justice Center at 650 Ferrari- Mcleod, Reno, NV 89512. Please do not mail cash.
  • ALL Credit card payments will incur a 2.45% Service Fee, and can be made by calling Jan Evans at 325-7801, Monday through Friday, 8-5pm or Washoe County Collections at 328-2552 or pay online. (minimum payment $10)

If you are unable to pay your fines, fees and/or restitution in full, payment arrangements can be made through your child's case manager or probation officer.