Juvenile Services

Juvenile Services Employment

Are you excited about becoming a part of a professional agency whose mission is to have a positive impact on the juveniles and families of Washoe County?

We recruit for on-call Detention Specialists for Wittenberg Hall several times a year.  On-call employees supplement detention staff coverage when the detained population is large as well as provide coverage when full time employees are sick, on vacation or in training.  Our on-call program allows you the opportunity to work with troubled youth and to experience working in the juvenile detention field.

On-call employees are "at will" employees and serve at the discretion of the Detention Manager.  On-calls cannot work more than 1039 hours in a fiscal year (an average of 20 hours per week). On-Calls are subject to the same background check and training requirements as permanent employees of Washoe County Juvenile Services.

Juvenile Detention Specialist On-call Job Description

Please review the Juvenile Detention Specialist On-call Job Description.  If you’re interested and meet the minimum qualifications, please check this web-page often for the on-call Juvenile Detention Specialist application.  We make it available on this page whenever we're recruiting on-call employees!  

All of our permanent positions (full time and part time) are recruited through Washoe County Human Resources.  Check out their web-site to see if our Department has any current open recruitments:

Human Resources Jobs Available page  

Note:  Juvenile Services is not a part of Washoe County's merit personnel system, and Juvenile Services employees are not members of a bargaining unit.  Full-time or part-time permanent employment with the Department of Juvenile Services offers the same attractive benefit package and salary schedule as any other Washoe County Department.  On call employees are not considered permanent employees and earn no benefits, accrue no leave time,  and are not guaranteed work hours.   
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »