- Probation Services
- Detention Services
- YOUTH AND FAMILIES
- OTHER SERVICES
- EARLY INTERVENTION AND PREVENTION
- PARTNERS AND PROVIDERS
- What is emancipation?
- What is the documentation needed for emancipation?
- What are the rights and responsibilities of an emancipated minor?
- What if minor no longer wants to be emancipated?
- What things DO NOT change for an emancipated minor?
- What is the court process for emancipation?
- What standards will the court require for emancipation?
- What about conflicts with parents?
- What are other considerations concerning emancipation?
- Courts and Records
- Early Intervention
- Detention Questions
- Are medical services available to my child while in detention?
- Can I bring my child on a tour of Wittenberg?
- How much does it cost if my child is detained at Wittenberg Hall?
- Why do I have to come get my child?
- What if I refuse to pick up my child?
- What are the detention center visiting requirements?
- Common Laws
- CONTACT US
- DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE SERVICES
Washoe County Juvenile Services, Informal Supervision Unit
The Department of Juvenile Services, Informal Supervision Unit serves as the gateway for early intervention and prevention programs, offering case management for youth assessed to be low risk. The goal is early identification of at-risk youth with the aim of empowering families to work cooperatively to solve their problems by providing them a variety of tools
HOW DO I ACCESS THE INFORMAL SUPERVISION UNIT SERVICES?
- A parent may call the Informal Supervision Unit at 775-325-7801, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM to schedule an appointment with a Case Manager prior to any police involvement.
- A parent may complete an Online referral form and a Case Manager will respond within 24 hours.
Address:Jan Evans Juvenile Justice Center650 Ferrari-McleodReno, NV 89512Phone & Fax:775 325-7801775 325-7923