- Labor Relations
- Learning and Development
- About HR
- Online Application
- Interview and Selection
- Learning Center
- Benefits - Cobra
- Benefits - Medicare
- Benefits - Deferred Compensation
- Benefits - GAP
- Can I check my individual account online?
- How can I cover my dependents through a GAP plan?
- How can I obtain an EOB (Explanation of Benefits)?
- How do I know what my account number is?
- How should I submit my Claim Form and supporting documentation to American Fidelity?
- I want to submit a claim for reimbursement. Where can I find these forms?
- What constitutes a qualifying event?
- What documentation should accompany the Claim Reimbursement Form for each type of claim?
- What does the GAP cover?
- What if I want to drop a dependent?
- What is the GAP Plan?
- What number do I call should I wish to follow up on the fax, or if I have other questions?
- Who administers the GAP Plan?
- Benefits - Health Saving Account
- Benefits - Life Insurance
- Benefits-Medical Insurance
- Benefits - Retirees
- Benefits - FSA
- Boards & Committees
How should I submit my Claim Form and supporting documentation to American Fidelity?
Claims can be sent to American Fidelity by fax or by mail. If you fax your claim, a follow up phone call is not required but is welcome to ensure your claim has been received. If faxing, please allow 48 hours for the system to process the fax.
American Fidelity Assurance Company
Attn: Benefits Division
P O Box 25160
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0160
After the first claim submission to American Fidelity, you will be able to create an online account to submit future claims. Visit www.afadvantage.com to create a log on and password.